Hi, we’re Yavi.
Until now, workplace software has largely ignored the needs of workers. We want to change that by building software that’s great for everyone. Our ambitions are to become a recognised global brand and shake-up the traditional enterprise software market, while along the way building a great company that our team love being part of.
Yavi aims to become the daily communications tool of choice for scheduled workers across industries such as retail, hospitality, food & beverage and care. We automatically import existing workplace schedules from a photo snapped on your mobile and provide an interface to that data through a chat experience that houses all of the team’s daily communication.
Already, we’re trusted to handle daily communications for teams from many well known high street brands and see new teams sign-up every day.
We’re a small friendly bunch, originally spun-out of Scotland’s leading mobile agency, with our office in the heart of Edinburgh city centre.
QA - Edinburgh, UK
We’re hiring for QA!
We’re looking for a talented individual to join our team as our first full-time Quality Assurance hire.
We believe that the path to high quality software is through the support of quality assistance and not just quality assurance. This collaborative approach to defining the necessary steps to build quality into every part of our process prevents the ‘toss it over the wall’ mentality between engineering and QA. In this role, you’ll play a crucial part in everything we do to improve quality, speed to delivery and shipping high quality products in a consistent manner.
This is a unique opportunity to join a growing company at an early stage and to play a key role in building robust QA practices across multiple agile software development projects (native mobile and web).
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop and execute software testing plans across mobile and web platforms
- Tracking bugs and monitoring bug resolution as part of an agile product development team
- Providing feedback to developers and the product team on product usability and functionality.
- Leading on quality considerations across the software development lifecycle as well as for wider approach, process and strategy
This is what we’re looking for
We’re a small but fun, growing team, so personal fit is a must. Some other things we can’t live without:
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Experience testing in a software development team
- Comfortable developing testing plans
- Strong familiarity with QA practices and tooling
- Must be eligible to work in the UK
Ideally we’d also like:
- Confidence in taking a leading role to establish QA as a dedicated discipline within the company
- Experience applying agile testing methodologies
- A desire to develop test automation approaches across API services, web and native mobile applications (bonus points for experience with Selenium WebDriver, Appium or similar tools)
- A desire to build a relationship with Customer Service and comfort to engage with customers as part of a holistic approach to quality.
What’s great about working at Yavi
- Whilst we work hard and smart, we make sure there is room to have fun - lunchtime board games come as standard
- Shiny tools (new Macbook Pros)
- A learning-focused environment with colleagues who’ll help you be at the top of your game
- We live and breath agile and lean methodologies and all share a passion for crafting products our users love
- We’re firm believers in the power of cross functional teams - everyone’s opinion matters and you will be expected to take responsibility
- A culture of experimentation brings opportunities to try out the latest technologies, processes and frameworks.
If this sounds like you, please get in touch and let us know a bit more about yourself, including past experiences and what makes you tick (a CV wouldn’t hurt).
We look forward to hearing from you!